Nothing captivates a sense of wonder and intrigue like watching your pals casually create cascading smoke rings in the sky. Have you ever sat near an argileh and wondered how they managed to blow rings of smoke? If so, this is your chance to amaze those around you. Blowing rings and other shapes may take more than just a minute to master, but our guide will have you ready in no time.
Stepwise Guide to Blow Smoke Rings
It’s difficult to start off by blowing smoke rings, and there are a lot of ways to do it. It seems like everyone you ask has a different method or suggestion, but that doesn’t have to be the case. You’ll be ready to enjoy a bigger experience after learning how to produce massive smoke rings with minimal effort using the most delicious shisha. Follow these four steps the next time you use a hookah pipe, cigarette, cigar, or vape to create enormous smoke rings with the utmost ease.
1. Take a mouthful of smoke from your hookah.
Now that you’re relaxed and have taken in the hookah atmosphere, it’s time for some fun. Before you start blowing smoke rings, make sure you’ve selected the best hookah pipe and flavors for a great experience. You’ll also want to properly heat your tobacco and coal so that the smoke keeps going.
Draw in a smooth, long breath from your hookah or argileh — but do not inhale it past the back of your mouth. Close your lips and allow the smoke to rest in your mouth. You’ll savor the full palate of flavors more this way — especially if you’re smoking flavored hookah tobacco.
2. Place your tongue at the bottom of your mouth.
With your lips pursed, slide your tongue back and make it touch the base of your mouth. This makes the smoke move towards the throat and produces a clear path for the smoke rings to move all the way through. Excellent job. You’re well on your way to making billowing smoke rings like an expert.
3. Form your cheeks like you are sucking on a lollipop and open your lips in an ‘O’ shape.
Though you are relishing a delicious hookah session, act as if you’re slurping on your favorite lollipop and draw in your cheeks and open your mouth in an ‘O’ shape. Keep your mouth open roughly in the size of a marble. Take your lower jaw a little back.
4. Protrude your lower jaw to exhale a ring of smoke.
Now, protrude your lower jaw to blow some smoke rings, but keep your lips open in an ‘O’. The whole movement is much like a monkey making an “au, au” sound. Clicking the lower jaw forward produces a short burst of breath, which creates perfect smoke rings in the air. However, remember that doing this movement should not hurt your throat.
How to Blow Multiple Smoke Rings Simultaneously
The name says it all: this is where you blow two, three, or even more O’s at the same time. Even though it looks daunting, if you’ve perfected blowing regular O’s, then this will be a breeze.
Simply place a finger over your mouth, pressing and pulling down slightly on the top lip to split the opening of your mouth into two sections. Now you can get two O’s for the price of one! Triple O’s work on the same principle; simply use two fingers to split your exhale, but open your mouth wider for best results.
Tips and Tricks to Blow Better Smoke Rings
Here are a few pointers and special techniques for producing better O’s. The thick O’s can be obtained by following these recommendations. The dense smoke is what allows most of these incredible talents to work.
- Abilities of the Lungs. Most of the smoke tricks involve understanding the technique of doing a direct lung inhale. The better you draw the smoke, the better you can blow the smoke rings.
- Heat. The more heat you add to the hookah, the better the smoke production will be.
- Tobacco Quality. Another important factor that decides the smoke output is the texture of the hookah tobacco. If it can produce a good amount of thick smoke.
- Bowl Packing Style. How you pack your hookah bowl plays a crucial role in its smoke production. For instance, if you pack it densely, then it will be hard to heat up the shisha evenly, which will impact the smoke outcome. The best method for packing a hookah bowl is by using the sprinkling method. It creates air pockets in the tobacco that help to heat the tobacco evenly, and ultimately the smoke production gets better.
Practice Will Hone Your Skill
Now you have the basic knowledge that you require to blow some smokey ‘O’s, but knowledge alone will not suffice. You need to master the art you have learned here, so keep practicing. Once you ace these tactics, your friends will surely envy you and even come to you for a quick tutorial. If you like this short hookah-smoking trick guide, do share it with your buddies. For more exciting hookah smoking tips and tricks, product reviews, and other pieces.